Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Traveling Here, Watching This

I haven't downloaded any pictures from our weekend away yet, but it was a wonderful loooong weekend spent with friends, family and LOTS of fun!

We celebrated an exceptional wedding of our dear friends Joey and Shannon at the Mountain View Grand Resort in Whitefield, NH. Despite the tornado warnings, fire alarm (that caused the entire resort to evacuate a mere half hour before the ceremony), and the actual ceremony that became an outdoor/indoor wedding as the rain picked up after the introduction from the justice of the peace...it was STILL a beautiful event. Even with all of the challenges, they were troopers throughout the whole experience; holding hands and smiling through it all. Laughing and gazing into each other's eyes as if to say, "none of it matters, we're here together doing this!" And as they began their actual vows to one another, the most brilliant rainbow I've ever seen shown brightly through the window covered wall behind them. It was breathtaking.

We I enjoyed a yummy smore while warming up by the campfire in the evening hours on Friday night after the rehearsal dinner, followed by a nice run at the fitness center the next morning. I had been hoping to get some tennis in, but since Joey was the groom, I decided Andy should take him out to the courts instead. They had a great game and I think it will become the beginning of their ongoing game for the entire summer. Maybe next time we'll play doubles!

Even the drive home in the rain was gorgeous as the clouds hung low in the sky and grazed the mountain tops. I didn't want to come home, but instead wished we could stay up there for a few more days. Not to worry though, I think we'll be heading back that way sometime soon...maybe a nice little getaway for our second anniversary. (hint, hint; wink, wink.)

Until then, I'll just make myself comfy and watch a little of this on the couch with my Smooch and the Monkey cat...yup, life is good.

No comments: