Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time at the Lake

It has been such a busy week; almost feels like I haven't been able to catch my breath the last few days. However today, amidst all the hustle and bustle, I got a text message late in the day from Auntie Lynn asking if Andy and I were around tonight to come by the lake house. I knew Andy was busy with tennis team practice and then heading over to his dad's to help move some furniture, but I gladly accepted the invitation with a smile. I knew I had plans to get to the gym and go to the grocery store after work...but sometimes the chores just need to be put on the back burner for an hour or two.

In times of turbulence and sadness last year I had gone to the lake to spend time with family and often felt brought back to a place of calm and peace. Sometimes it was the talks, sometimes it was the company, but mostly it was just something special in the place. There is an unexplainable warmth and love that surrounds me when sitting by the water and in the sunshine over there. 


I spent the afternoon hours catching up with Auntie Lynn and Uncle Paul and planning for future afternoons we're sure to spend there with them this summer. I sat on the new boat and put my feet in the cool water. I laughed and squealed in delight as we kept seeing a rather larger turtle peek his head out of the water at various times as he swam closer and then further away. I took a deep breath, stepped back and JUST ENJOYED THE MOMENT! It has been the best decision I have made all week. Thank you both for that and thanks for sharing your afternoon with me...it means the world!

No comments: