Monday, May 17, 2010

Aprons and Smocks

...ok, already time for random thoughts from me. Aprons and smocks are probably two of my favorite things in the world! When I'm wearing either one, it means I'm being creative and that puts a smile on my face.

Recently Andy and I decided to clean out the "bad" food in our lives and introduced a "whole food" diet into our home. One of the best side effects of this effort is finding cool recipes on websites and cooking/baking a lot more. So far, I've made lemon poppy-seed muffins found here and I'm excited to try some other recipes from that same site. Maybe the carrot cake pancakes or the red velvet cupcakes next. YUMMY! The photos on her site are just as yummy as the food too. Wish I could get my photos to that level!


Tonight I tried canning some fresh strawberry preserves from a Yankee Magazine video. I haven't tried them yet, but the little jars looked oh so pretty lined up. I'll let you know how it turned out tomorrow when I try it out over a wheat english muffin for breakfast. Maybe Andy will even give it a try!

No comments: