Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow! I can't believe it is 2008 already! I'm excited about all the opportunities that lie ahead of me this year. 2007 brought about a lot of changes in my life and I learned a lot of life lessons...some the hard way, some a little easier. I'm grateful for all the experiences that 2007 brought me, because they have certainly helped become the person that I am today. Or, more accurately, helped me regain some aspects of the person that I use to be!

Now, I've never really been one for making resolutions, but I do have a few things that I want to focus on this year, so I thought if I wrote them down, I'd be more apt to make them happen.


1. RELAX!
I need to remind myself to just relax, take a deep breath and let things happen as they are suppose to. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own mind and thoughts that I over think just about EVERYTHING. I need to just enjoy the moments as they happen instead of trying to analyze them and make complete sense of everything.

2. CREATE I need to get my creative spark back. I want to start painting and drawing again this year. I want to work on my scrapbooks and crafts. I want to take more photographs and capture more moments this year. It has been far too long since I have made my art part of my daily life and I truly miss it. It has always been such a great outlet for me and I want to make it a top priority in my life again. It makes me happy!

3. SPEND MORE TIME WITH FRIENDS I realized over this past year, that I have let far too many friendships go by the wayside. I am grateful that many of them are still here for me and I'm excited to create new memories with them all.

4. MAINTAIN BALANCE Continue to strive for balance in all areas of my life this year. I have made a strong effort to begin this one in 2007, but I want to continue and improve on it in 2008. Balance between work and play, health and nutrition, mind, body and spirit. Always a challenge, but always worth the effort!

5. PLAN LESS Some days it feels like I am scheduled every minute of the day. It's my own fault, because I am one of those people that plans out just about everything. I want to be more spontaneous and accept more last minute invitations. I want to say "yes" to those last minute drinks with the girls or head to that late night movie with a friend.

These are my goals for 2008! I just know it's going to be a great year...and I'm excited to get it started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy new year hun!! love you