Monday, August 13, 2007

Drunk with Craftiness!













That is what happens to you when you're crafting until 4 in the morning with some great friends!!!

This weekend was the Summer Studio Crop at Colorful Creations down on Cape Cod. The crop was Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I had to work on Friday so I joined Jenn and Steph on Friday night around 9pm and then the silliness ensued. We headed to Jenn's new "island" (super cute new apartment) and I learned how to make Margaritas...so yummy! Girl talk was in full swing until about 3am and then we headed to bed to gain our beauty sleep for a full day of craftiness on Saturday.

We slept in a little late and arrived at the store around 10 or 11am to get busy. I started on a mini book for my sister's family to celebrate the purchase of their first home and that kept me busy for most of the day. Then I moved on to a few cards with my favorite stamps...A*Muse! We had a dinner break at 6:30 and then back to the studio until midnight to work on a Love mini album for Johnny. Well, midnight is when the actual studio crop ended for the night. But since we were with the nearly famous Miss Jenn, Steph and I got the VIP treatment and got to stay and keep our craft on! This is where things go a little crazy...hehehe. We were so inspired that we just couldn't stop, we got silly, then funny, then snippy, then mouthy, then back to silly and inspired again. When we finally called it a night, it was actually 4 in the morning!!! We headed home and crashed.

We got about 5 or 6 hours of sleep and then headed back for another full day on Sunday. I worked on more cards and then a scrapbook page. I still need to finish these off with some ribbon (for the cards) and a photo (for the page), but I wanted to get the pics up today, as promised. The girls and I made a pact to get our posts up with our project photos today, so be sure and check out their pages ASAP.

John even said when I came home that girls weekend was just what I needed and added..."wow, you really seem to be back to your happy self!" It was such a nice break and it really got my creativity back in the groove. Hope I can turn that into a pattern and keep it a part of my weekly schedule. I couldn't figure out how to add an album to my blog to share all the pics, but I have added a few that detail the projects that I worked on. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where was i when you made the fan card!!?? obviously MIA ;)

loved the time we spent together (awwwwww)
cant wait to do it again SOON!!!!!

love you!!

Aleesh said...

COOL!!! I love all the neat stuff you make, Girl!

Anonymous said...

I seriously dont remember the fan card either!! Actually I remember the beginnings of it! You made some FAB stuff, the acordian album is DIVINE!!