Tuesday, December 25, 2007

As Promised...



here are the first pictures of my tattoo! The top picture is from the day after, so it was still a little red. It's healing up really well, so hopefully I can get some better pictures next week.

I chose a Celtic knot that is a symbol of strength and balance to represent the changes that have occurred in my life this past year. After some of my health scares earlier in the year, I have really grown to realize just how precious life is and have made some very significant changes in my world to be sure that I am living everyday to the fullest. I am also striving to find and maintain balance in all areas of my life and think this tattoo is a great reminder to do just that.

My youngest niece's name is also Celtic, so that holds a special meaning for me. As well as the placement being in the same location as my sister's tattoo to represent our strong connection and bond. Her tattoo is on the left in the bottom picture. I am so happy that I was able to get my tattoo on this trip and I'm very happy with the final result.

3 comments:

Aleesh said...

You rock, Sista! You were totally a champ when you got this done, too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT...LOOKS GREAT...NOW IT MAKES ME WANT ANOTHER ONE...

jenn shurkus said...

it looks great hun!!! makes me excited to get my watcher paw!!