Saturday, March 1, 2008

*WARNING* Jealousy About to Take Over if You Snowboard!



That's right folks, I have a brand new setup coming my way!!! My parents got me a day pass to Mt.Sunapee/Okemo for Christmas and I have been so excited to use it. Remember a few posts back when I talked about getting back into snowboarding? Well the bug has officially bitten! I was up at Gunstock the other weekend, snow tubing with friends, and just being there on the mountain made me smile. Standing under bright blue skies and sunshine, breathing in the crisp, cool air. It was so amazing! I wanted to be back on the trails!

Anyway, I have had the same board since I started boarding about 8 years ago and it's way too short. The past few times I've gone, I've rented (also because I was in Colorado one of the times). So after my tax return came in last week, I decided to do this for ME. A little present to myself...well, actually a big present. I was hoping to buy locally, but none of the shops had what I was looking for, so I had to order online. But there was a great place, backcountry.com, and when I called to talk to customer service, the guy was actually from North Conway, NH originally. It was too funny, we talked about NH skiing and boarding and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. I did find the setup a little cheaper on some other sites, but this one also offers an unbelievable return policy. Some of the others were limited to two weeks or only if the items purchased weren't on sale. So for a little extra money, I thought it was worth the peace of mind and the great service I was given!

So, now begins the waiting game. The shipping stated 7-14 days, but my buddy Jay in customer services thought it might be here by next Friday because it almost never takes the 14 days...obviously, no promises though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's super cute hun!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!! It looks really sharp! Be careful and have fun!
Love you,
Mom
Ugga-Muggas

Aleesh said...

All I have to say is S W E E T!!!!!!!

Me said...

hello. I saw that you have bought the B by burton board. I just wonder if you can recommend it. I want to have a nice board in the snowboardpark and so on. Please send med an email and tell me your references. Thanks! nallepuh_021@hotmail.com