Thursday, February 28, 2008

What Are You Running From?


I'm not running from anything, but I sure am running for something! I found out the other night that there is a 5K race in Concord in May to benefit Concord Hospital Payson Center for Cancer, and I've set this goal as my first running race. It is called the Rock 'n Race because there are bands along the course and festivities of all kinds. It is run in downtown Concord and then there is a big celebration on the statehouse lawn at the end of the race. I saw the runners last year, but had no idea what the race was, so I'm really excited to be hearing about it so soon this year.

The best part is I'm not only running to prepare for the race, but I'm also running for myself too. I have started a running routine and I'm up to a 1/2 mile. I'll need to increase a little each week to be ready in time, but last week I was only at 1/4 mile, so I'm already improving. I love the feeling of getting stronger every week...even if the scale has been staying the same. I know I'm more toned, healthier and stronger and that makes me HAPPY! Set a goal for yourself today, it'll make you feel good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Good for you! How is your ankle doing? Maybe running will strengthen it up. It's a great cause. I would do it with you if we could walk.
Love you,
Mom

Aleesh said...

Go girl!!