Monday, May 26, 2008

Back from Boston!

Well, technically I've been back since Wednesday...but honestly haven't really felt like I've been back until today. I was soooo tired Wednesday night that I pretty much feel asleep as soon as I got home. Then I had to drag myself through two days of work before the long weekend could begin. Then Saturday it was off to Mom and Dad's house for dinner and some much needed family time. Yesterday we got the sailboat in the lake and got the mast up...gets a little easier every year with all of us in better shape and much stronger.

So, my trip to Boston! Boston was the location this year for the HOW design conference. The same one that I attended in ATL last year. It was a BLAST! Always so great to be back with my friends from the listserve and get to see everyone and share some laughs. It's great to have such an amazing group of support and love, even if you only get to see them once a year. Hard to explain unless you are part of a similar group. But nothing is worse than sharing so many wonderful days together, only to be thrown back into reality while driving home. The second I said goodbye and got into my car I literally wanted to cry. It made me sad to realize I was driving home to an empty apartment without these wonderful friends to surround me like they had the past few days. But it's okay, I know I'll see them all again.

There is so much to share from the week, so I'll break it down bullet list style for you, and I won't include everything:

1. Malibu and pineapple juice "breakfast cocktails"
2. Red Sox game
3. Studio Tours
4. Bar 10 VIP curtain room
5. My new BFF Amy
6. Palm restaurant with Scott, Joanne, Dawn, Kim, Sarah and Kathleen
7. Representing New England with Ali V.
8. Pub crawl and dancing at Sissy K's
9. B&W Party
10. South Street Diner @ 2:30am
11. Inspirational keynote speaker for the closing

I'm sure I'll be sharing stories of these various events over the next couple of days...but here were some of the pictures to accompany the list!





No comments: