Sunday, June 29, 2008

Who's That Girl?

Okay, just need to give you fair warning that this post includes pictures that I wouldn't normally "post" online. However, once you read along, you'll understand just why I am.

As most of you know, last fall I made a decision to get my life back on track, to take better care of myself, to eat healthier and stay dedicated to a regular workout routine. It hasn't been easy and there have certainly been setbacks along the way. Sometime early on I took these pictures of myself, so I could see my progress along the way.




I'm sure some of you are thinking that these aren't horrible pictures, but for me, I was at one of my heaviest weights ever, if not my heaviest, and I was REALLY unhappy! Along this journey, it's funny to see just how quickly you forget the progress you've made, especially when you reach a plateau. My mom and I have both been struggling with that same problem lately. We stopped focusing on the fact that we were both down significant clothing sizes or that the scale reflected a weight loss of great numbers...we still kept focusing on what wasn't currently happening.

But last week, my mom wrote a great article on weight loss plateaus for a local newspaper, and in reading it, I was reminded that I needed to go back and focus on all the PROGRESS that I have made up until this point! This was apparently clear in seeing new pictures of myself in my new bathing suits. This is one of the first years that I have actually been excited about wearing a bathing suit and have been proud of myself for knowing just how far I've come. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at my goal yet, but it's little reminders like these that make sure we take a step back and take in the moment to see all that we've accomplished and just how far we've come. I think my sister put it best when her reaction to these photos was..."UM, You're HOT!" Thanks sis, sometimes I forget that cute girl looking back in the mirror is actually ME!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Stace!!!!! I was right when I wrote in my article that you are GORGEOUS!!!!!! We have come a LONG way and we both need to remind each other of that! Good Karma did come to you for not being mad at me for finding 2 bathing suits. I love you and I'm so proud of you! Can't wait for vacation, it's almost here!!!!! Miss you!
Love,
Mom
Ugga-Muggas
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

OMG you look even better than you did back in May - keep it up GIRL look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Cape EJ

Anonymous said...

STACE!!!!!!!

I mean, I always thought you were hot anyway, but you look SMOKIN in those bikinis!!

ROCK ON! Girly. I can officially NOT go to the beach with you! (heehee)

HUGS!

Aleesh said...

I second that I can NOT go to the beach with you! We can just tell people that I swallowed a watermelon, and then it will all make sense. :)

Anonymous said...

as cheezy as it sounds.. you inspire me to eat healthier.. you look gorgeous!!! you should be soooo proud of yourself ;)

melissa :) said...

hey hottie!!

i'm passing on a little blog love to you.. sheck out my blog!!

Heather said...

You look great! Keep it up.

(I stumbled upon your blog from another blog I read~~just wanted to introduce myself!)

Randomichael said...

Great job Stace:) So what if you don't really tan!? As someone who just started hitting the gym hard again (and needed to), this really does give me inspiration to push myself. Do those stuffed green peppers fit the diet? ;)

Basement Stamper said...

Great job! It takes a strong person with a positive mindset to work hard to achieve their goals and keep their head up during those plateaus.

You look fab!!!