Thursday, July 19, 2007

Friends and Food


Tonight I had my friend Erin over for dinner and we had sooooo much fun! Erin has had a tough time lately and it was so nice to just have girl-talk and be reminded of how important our friends and family are to us. It made me so grateful for all the wonderful people who are a part of our lives. Thanks Erin, you're a great friend.

Another part of what was so fun about tonight was that I tried a new recipe and it turned out great! It was in the August issue of Real Simple magazine and when I read it last week I knew that I wanted to make it right away. It is a pasta dish with marinated tomatoes and mozzarella. Check out the recipe here!So quick and easy to make. And made even better with a light salad and the wheat garlic toast that Erin brought over...add a glass of merlot and we were good to go!

I really do like to cook (when I have time) and having friends over for dinner is just so much fun. I've decided to try a new recipe every week. Who knows if I'll keep up with it or not, but it will be nice to at least try. Next week I think I'm going to try a recipe from Shape magazine that is a blueberry glazed pork chop...YUMMY! I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: