Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tending to the Plants...and Myself

Today was an okay day.

"Date Night" was a blast last night! It was just what I needed to get myself in a better frame of mind. Johnny totally appreciated that I was making an extra effort to not be such a grump. I don't think I was snippy at all...not even once! We got some grinders at one of our favorite little restaurants, Veanos, then headed over to the late show of Ratatouille. It was such a cute, funny, laugh out loud movie. John's not big on Disney movies seen at the theater, but he LOVED it too. He even said there wasn't ANYTHING he didn't like about it as the credits were rolling. There was a fun little photo booth there too, so we did the corny date-night movie deal and opted to get a strip of goofy photos. I'll try to snap a picture of them later, because they were pretty funny.

I felt a little better today, but still not great. My throat really started bothering me again this afternoon (happened Monday too) and my glands are starting to swell. I'm keeping a close eye on it, but I think it's probably just allergy related. I was proud of myself for not letting it be an excuse to skip the gym today. I just took it easy and did 35 minutes on the bike and then a 15 minute set of weights. I felt much better afterward and was sooooo happy that I forced myself to go.

When I got home I was able to take a few minutes to cut back the plants (they were getting pretty overgrown), and I must say, they are doing really well! I don't really know what I'm doing as a gardener, but at least I'm not killing them! Here are some new pictures. The tomato plant ones came out much better today. Hope you enjoy your night!



No comments: