Friday, July 13, 2007

Three Weeks???

Has it really been that long since I last posted? Gosh, just when I promise to be a better little blogger girl, I go and leave you with no love for three whole weeks! Sorry about that my friends...I know I'm always saying I'm busy, but I promise that it's no lie! After my trip to Atlanta, things were super busy at work and then John and I headed off on our first vacation together. We went to St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. We had a blast together, but I have to admit, it wasn't exactly what I had expected. You see, the only other island I have been to is Bermuda and it holds a very special place in my heart, as it was one of the last family vacations my family did before my sister left for college.

Anyway, St.Croix is suprisingly under-developed and there was far more poverty that I was prepared for. Seeing so many abandoned buildings, stray animals, and people who look like they have very little was so upsetting to me. It was also the first real experience I have ever felt in regards to racism. White people on the island are certainly the minority and some local people literally hated us because we were white. We were even refused help and service in one store...very eye opening! It also made me so appreciative for everything that I have, but it also reminded me that I want to become more involved in volunterism and continuing to make this world a better place!

On the other hand, we had a great visit with my highschool friend Kim and her family and they were gracious hosts for our stay! The beaches were amazing and I can't wait to post the pictures soon, but there is a slight delay with this (another story for another day). We also got to go ocean kayaking and scuba diving!!!! Both amazing experiences that I can't wait to tell you more about later this week.

But now, I'm off to work! Mom is picking me up at 1:00 and we're off to a great concert tonight!!!! Daughtry, Stained and Nickelback. It's going to be a great time. Tell you all about it when I get back tomorrow night. Hope you have a happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see your photos hun :)