Monday, July 16, 2007

Our Big Night Out





WOW! That is seriously the best word to describe my night out with my mom on Friday. We went to the Tweeter Center to see the Daughtry, Staind, Nickelback show and it was AMAZING! I don't think we sat down for more than five minutes the entire night. We were only about 20 rows back from the stage and the view was perfect. You could see every word they were singing and every move they were all making. You could even feel the heat from they flames and pyrotechnics during the Nickelback show! We danced, we sang, we jumped up and down...it was sooooo much fun. And it was fun, not only because it was a great concert, with wonderful music, it was a night out with my mom...and we don't get to have those very often these days! We really needed a special night to celebrate life after all the crazy medical scares we have had this past year. AND, we were celebrating Mom's new healthy lifestyle and her success of losing over 80 lbs! Good job Mom, I'm so proud of you! So, a big "Thanks Mom" for our weekend, and more importantly, for being you.

We snapped a few "before and after" pictures from our night, and you can clearly see from the after picture how hot and sweaty we were. We also took a picture in the mirror of our matching zip up hoodies when we got back to the hotel room...but I'm afraid that my camera decided to do the weird thing where it doesn't actually take good pictures, but I wanted to post it anyway. Hope you all had a good weekend too! Now I'm off to clean the apartment....whooo hoooo!

2 comments:

Aleesh said...

So glad you two had so much fun together! I wouldn't have liked the music, but I sure would have loved to hang out with you two rock-stars!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy:
I have been so busy that I hadn't seen your blog all week. I absolutely loved our weekend together and getting to act like I was in my twenties again. I hope I didn't embarass you too much!!! Thanks for the cool sweatshirt, I love it, but even more love knowing what it represents. I will hold the memory of that night in my heart forever. I wish your sister had better taste in music. "Heeeeeey, I wanna be a rock star!" Ugga-Muggas. All my love always, Mom