Saturday, May 26, 2007

New Navel Rings!

Okay, so with all the craziness of the MRI today, I remembered that I had to take my navel ring out before we left. Apparently, even though they are scanning your head, you can't have ANY metal on you at all. Nothing on your clothes, jewelry, hair ties, etc. Since I had never changed my ring after I got it pierced seven years ago, I didn't even know how to remove it. John helped me take a pair of needle nose pliers to open the ring up and allow the ball to fall out. It was really easy and came out with no problem.

Then, we went to the mall with Mom and Dad after the MRI was done to pick out a new ring and I found they were much less expensive than I had previously thought, so I treated myself to three new ones! (I'll post pictures tomorrow). I asked the lady how they opened up and all you have to do is just push on the ball to pop it out from between the metal posts. Turns out, that was all we had to do with the one we removed and we could have still used it again, but we threw it away and couldn't find it again when we looked for it. Whoops!

So, after our fun afternoon of dinner and shopping with Mom and Dad, I tried to put one of my new rings in when we got home for the night. To my great surprise, I could NOT get the ring to go in, no matter what I tried. I tried for about twenty minutes and really started to irritate my belly button when John finally convinced me to stop trying or I'd hurt myself. Determined to figure out how to get it back in, I looked it up online...only to find that all recommendations suggest you put a small plastic catheter in place as a spacer when having to remove the ring for any medical procedures!!! It went on to say, that even if you've had the piercing for many years, the small hole can close up in only a few hours and without a spacer, is nearly impossible to re-insert a new navel ring! Awwwwwe man, now I have to have it repierced. Instead of only paying a few dollars for the plastic spacer, I now have to pay to have it redone. Bummer man!

1 comment:

Aleesh said...

You can just coat the piercing with some neosporin and it should just slide right back through.