Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tattoo Shops Rock!

WARNING...Graphic post ahead...but no picture, don't worry!

Today I thought I should get a second opinion on my navel ring, so I stopped into Gothic Tattoo, a local tattoo shop. My sister suggested putting neosporin on it and said it should slide right through, but that didn't work either. Since I had already irritated it quite a bit the other night, I only wanted to try it one more time before giving up for good. They thought I should have easily been able to get the ring back in since it was out for only a few short hours, even without the spacer, since I had it for so many years. They took a look at it and agreed that it was swollen and irritated from my trying to force the ring back into it, but they said it didn't look infected at all, so that was good. They also said it shouldn't need to be re-pierced and agreed to try and help me get the ring in. Turns out my original piercing is VERY deep. They even had a bit of difficulty getting it to work and had to put a small rod through it first, followed by a larger one, and then the ring! So, what does all this mean??? Well, my belly button is now pierced again with a new ring and it is not infected...this is the good news. The bad news? They suggested that I don't change the ring out on my own, because of the piercing being so deep. So, now I can't wear the other cute rings that I got this weekend (including the fun row of stars) unless I go back in and have them change it. (Not so bad, but wishing I hadn't already bought the new ones once I heard this news). The really good news??? They did this for FREE baby! They ROCK! Hope you're afternoon was as delightful as mine, but with fewer impailments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that piercing of yours has always caused you problems :P i remember when you got it!