Friday, November 9, 2007

An Inspired Life

Looks like I do have time for one more quick blog post before I fly out today. Lucky YOU!

This week has been really mixed for me. I have had some days filled with laughter and friends, some stressful days, some days full of doubt, some long, tiring days, then right back to my bubbly self again. What does this make me, besides INSANE? It makes me thankful!

I have learned a LOT about myself this past week. And mostly I have surprised myself. Over the past few months I have had to do a lot of soul searching and asking myself if I have been making the right choices. I have been insecure and worried about the future. I have questioned who I was becoming and who I wanted to be. Well this week, those questions are finally starting to reveal themselves...and I'm really happy with the answers. It is always scary to make a life altering shift in your world, but sometimes it's even scarier to be too afraid to make that change in the first place.

I finally feel like I'm back on track and proud of my choices. I'm confident and happy. I'm outgoing and bold. I am a good friend. I am healthy and becoming more fit everyday. I am smart and beautiful. I am someone who deserves the best and won't settle for anything less.

Now, I'm not posting all this as a "yea me" post. I'm posting this because I was reading Donna Downey's blog today and it really spoke to me. She was talking about inspiration, and even though her words were about inspiring art, they spoke to me about inspiring lives. Here were some of her words that I kept replaying in my head:

"the fact that any one of you, considered even for an instant of stepping outside of your comfort zone is what gives me motivation to try new things everyday..."

That is who I want to be...a person who lives an inspired life! A woman who isn't afraid about what people think about her and is never worried about stepping outside a comfort zone. A person who can inspire others to live the same way. That is who I have been becoming over the past few months and that is what I started to realize this week. Perhaps this is also the person I used to be, but lost sight of her along the way. At any rate, I know it is the person I will continue to be in the future and I hope that I can inspire even one other person to live the same way.

Don't ever apologize for living your life...instead, inspire someone else to live theirs more fully!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fricken ROCK ON!! You're amazing girly!!

"It is always scary to make a life altering shift in your world, but sometimes it's even scarier to be too afraid to make that change in the first place."

That quote is AWESOME! I think this is going to be one of the most exciting times in your life, because you are going to uncover so many things you didn't know about yourself, and it's going to be GREAT!! :) I know, because I am living it! HUGS TO YOU!! Have a good trip!!

Unknown said...

We love you, Stace!!!!!
Ugga-Muggas
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

i love this hun :)