Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

With all the cooking going on yesterday, I didn't get to let everyone know what I'm thankful for this year...there are far too many things to list here, so I will keep it to the short list version:

1. My parents- for showing me that true love is attainable and long lasting. For showing me unconditional love and support over the years and for knowing that you are always behind me and my decisions 100% I love you guys!

2. My sister- for always taking care of me and being there for me. For encouraging me to take chances and risks in life, and making sure I always enjoy the adventure without regret. There may be many miles between us, but knowing you're only a phone call or a plane ride away make me feel better. (See you in less than a month!)

3. My nieces- for your innocence, your laughter, your wonderful smiles, your inner beauty, your health, your laughter and your ability to always make me smile. I miss you girls everyday!

4. My friends- for the ones that have always been a part of my life, for the ones that I have recently reconnected with, for the ones that are new to my life and for the ones that I don't even know anymore. You have all had an impact on my life in one aspect or another and have each taught me something about myself. You have all been a part of the person that I am today and for that I am thankful. Thanks for the shoulders I have cried on, the jokes that have made me laugh, the phone calls that let me know I am being thought of and the good times together that make up some of my favorite memories.

5. My health- for taking control of my life this year. For exercising and eating healthy, for taking care of myself as a top priority, for removing unnecessary stress in my life. For becoming proud of the person that I am today.

6. My extended family- for reconnecting with extended family that I don't get to see very often and knowing that no matter how much time passes, I can always count on them. For knowing that many of us will be together on the beach next summer!

7. My job- for knowing that I work for an organization that truly cares, not only about its employees, but also the people we serve and the greater community as a whole. For their encouragement to give back to others in need. For their benefits that allow me peace of mind and for the paycheck that allows me to pay my bills and have a roof over my head.

Like I said before, that is certainly only the short list, as my life it truly blessed. I hope that you all got to spend the holiday with your loved ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for my lil galaxy girl.... we can always get into not so bad trouble together *wink*