Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My View for 7-10 Days


Wow, this is not exactly what I had planned to be looking at for the week, but there it is...an air cast and crutches! Turns out my ankle didn't really agree with me walking 7 or 8 miles on Sunday. I thought I could walk over to the field for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, since I only live about a mile away. Then I completed the 5 mile walk and walked home. Everything was great. I felt good, happy, proud and my ankle didn't hurt at all. Fast forward two hours later and I can't even stand up!

You see, I have an old ankle injury that flares up from time to time and it decided that it has been far too long since the last visit. Sunday night I was still thinking, no problem...this is what happens: I overexert it, I can't walk for the next 12 hours and then the next morning I'm sore, but able to limp around until it feels better and then back to normal. Well, my ankle decided that I wasn't giving it quite enough attention this time and sent me to the doctor on Monday morning...when I STILL couldn't stand. They think I overdid it and then kept putting pressure on it, so that turned into a sprained ankle and a strained foot. I have to keep it elevated and iced and I'm suppose to stay off from it as much as possible for the next 7-10 days.

Now for the worst part...it's my right ankle and I drive a STANDARD!!! Luckily I only work across town, so I was able to get back to work today. It did hurt much more this afternoon though, not having it iced or elevated all day. I might have to work from home a bit this week, but we'll see. I also have tickets to the Tori Amos concert Thursday night in Boston and now I don't know if I can drive there. I just have to wait and see if it gets better in the next two days. I'm also suppose to go to the Pumpkinfest in Keene on Saturday...all these plans and now limited mobility. I'm so frustrated!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've hurt your ankle but good on you doing the Walk. Hope that you were able to to Boston this evening as I'm sure JS would have pleased to see you. Love the hair btw.