Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rejuvenated

Although I'm still under the weather with this silly head cold, I'm feeling rejuvenated today! I have been doing a lot of thinking over the past few days about my weight loss situation and the true goals that I want to reach. Losing the weight is the biggest one, but also understanding why my habits have been so poor lately is also really important to me. Why am I making excuses for my poor choices or my lack of determination when it comes to exercise? Why do I sulk, but then have a bagel for breakfast instead of some yogurt and cereal or fruit? Only I can answer these questions and know that I NEED to start taking responsibility for my actions. I think I'm taking a first step in the right direction by asking myself these things and reminding myself that I'm doing this for me...this is what I want!

Today was a good day. Healthy choices with food throughout the day, taking walks on my 15 minute breaks (the fresh air was GREAT for my head today), eating a healthy/balanced dinner instead of my regular soup. Seriously, why do I only cook an actual "dinner" when John is here? I need to eat a good dinner every night. Soup is okay for lunch - once in a while, but I really do need to cut back on the soup for dinner kick I've been on. Plus, then when I don't feel good, soup will be so yummy instead of just being the same old thing. I didn't make it to the gym tonight, but I wanted to be in full swing tomorrow and I did all I could to make it through the whole workday. Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I'm finally feeling like my focus is back on my goals and that makes me happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Stace!!! We CAN do this together! Save your points for Friday night's dinner. Love You!! Ugga-Muggas.
Mom
PS Your idea about the sign-in didn't work either so I'll just remain anonymous.

Aleesh said...

Aww...I know how you feel. I haven't lost much more weight since I started exercising again! BTW, I want you to check out this link:

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-prplaydec06n&msg=1631.1&ctx=0

It's about breasfeeding and MySpace pictures, and I can't sign the petition b/c I'm not a myspace member. Maybe you can blog about it!

Aleesh said...

http://www.kirotv.com/news/11083731/detail.html
There's another link.