Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Running Routine

I finally got back on track with my running routine this week. Joanne found an article in a recent "Fitness" magazine that had a running plan to help get us started. For the first week, you run four minutes/walk one, run four/walk one...and once more, run four/walk one three out of the seven days. The first day, I ran four/walked two, ran three/walked four, then ran two to finish it off. Not quite what I was suppose to be able to do, but hey, it's a start. Tonight I ran three/walked one, ran three/walked one, ran two. Again, not quite what I was aiming for, but I stuck to the second day! Tomorrow is one of the scheduled days off from running, but now I can't wait to wear my new sneakers that I got this weekend. Yup, you guessed it, they are the ones pictured above. They are suppose to be great running shoes, so maybe they'll help me be able to do the whole four minute bursts. I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Aleesh said...

Hey, Sista! That's exactly how I got started, except I started running for something like 10 or 20 seconds and walking for a few minutes! I gradually increased the running time/distance and decreased the walking until I was running 3 miles non-stop. Now I can barely run for 10 minutes without dying, but I start soccer on Sunday that is 45 minute halves! I'm gonna CROAK! Keep up the great work, and it will get easier every time you do it!