Friday, April 6, 2007

A Family Affair

When you look outside my kitchen window, you can see into a little nook that is protected by an overhang of the roof. It is the perfect little shelf to house some creatures, and that is just what it is doing! There is a little family of nesting pigeons building a home and warming their eggs. I think I counted three eggs the other day, but the mama bird was just readjusting herself, so I didn't get a clear view. She is working hard to keep those little eggs warm with the new snow that we got the other night (another 6" or so). It is fun to watch them as the papa bird flies off and returns with little twigs to add to the nest. I'll try to keep an eye on them for when those eggs hatch. It's difficult to get good pictures of them because of the screen on the window, but I'll keep trying. I'll be away for the weekend, so hope you all have a Happy Easter!

No comments: