Sunday, April 1, 2007

Spring Cleaning-Update #4

Today was another fun filled day of cleaning. I didn't get as much accomplished this weekend as I had planned, but maybe that is why some people consider me an overachiever! It's about 6pm right now and here is what I did get done:

-all rooms vacuumed
-kitchen and bathroom mopped
-fridge cleaned out and wiped down
-kitchen cabinets cleaned out and organized
-microwave cleaned out
-clothes sorted and items to donate set aside
-all bills/paperwork piles sorted, organized and filed...no more overflowing baskets in the office!
-living room dusted

To finish tonight:
-fix slipcover on couch (I can't wait until I own a couch that doesn't need to be TUCKED in all the time!!!)
-iron placemats/runner for tables & coffee table (I might treat myself to some flowers tomorrow to finish off the look)
-iron and hang pants that are in the bedroom
-put my craft supplies away

To finish this week:
-clean bathroom
-organize bathroom closet
-remove window sealer from windows

I also talked to my landlords today about painting the bedroom and they were all for it!!! They just asked that I keep the color light, and I'd been thinking a light tan, so that works great! I might pick up some color samples tomorrow and maybe for the kitchen too. They said they would even pay for the paint and supplies, so now I am really excited to finish off the spring cleaning and bring the look together. Enjoy your night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you're on such a spring cleaning roll, i think you should treat yourself to a mini-vacation to the cape... you can meet belle and spruce up MY place a bit ;)

Anonymous said...

while your here sprucing up melissas house.. make sure you leave some time to come to my house and tidy up ;)